I was sitting at my desk yesterday afternoon planning out this post and thinking I had two mediocre things to include in High Five for Friday. This week had been a rough one until DLW & I did a little impulse shopping last night...
1. My new car: a 2014 Mazda CX-5! DLW & I have played around with the idea of a CX-5 but when we went to "look" last night, I never thought we would trade in my 2011 Mazda3 and drive home in a new car. DLW was worried about me driving around in the snow this winter and knew I was secretly plotting to steal his Jeep. Since trading in my SUV two years ago, I have missed being up high but have loved the gas mileage of a smaller car. The 2014 Mazda CX-5 is the best of both worlds: taller but still has the same MPG as my 3! Win! We didn't leave the dealership until 9:30 last night so this picture isn't the best but I will take plenty more this weekend. I am a spoiled wifey and have the best husband ever!
2. DLW is my #1 motivator and gets me out the door when all I want to do is lay on the couch. We went for a run together this week and it felt awful but at least I had a nice view...
3. Teaching has kicked my butt this week and I doodled while I should have been writing sub plans. Sometimes you just need to doodle...
4. I came downstairs after a shower and found DLW locked out in the backyard. The girls were very concerned that they couldn't let their daddy back in the house.
5. Y'all know I love Mexican food and I was happy to have a weeknight dinner date. We have been eating in more frequently but I had a Mexican craving I couldn't kick. I am still searching for my favorite Mexican restaurant here in Colorado Springs but I am enjoying the hunt!
Our plans for this weekend include hanging pictures, a hike, football, and of course driving around in my new ride!
- Did your car have that "new car smell'?
- Are you a doodler too?
- What do you order at a Mexican restaurant?