I don't know that there is anything more discouraging than a rainy Monday morning. I can't complain too much though because I only have a two day work week before we are off to Arizona for Danae's wedding! This weekend I got to catch up with two other bloggers who I now consider my real life friends so that means it's not a blate anymore, right? Right. One of the those ladies was Sami so make sure you link up your Weekend Shenanigans with her too! DLW & I had a great weekend being "Colorado-y" and love living here more and more.
1. Woo! After a horrible 2 mile run last week I wanted to prove I still had it in me to push a little further. I was actually in the mood to run (this is rare) and finished 4 miles with a few little walk breaks here and some killers hills.
2. Hard Cider season is upon us! Yum!
3. Saturday morning puppy snuggles with Sadie are the best. She is getting so big but will still snuggle up in my lap when she's feeling sweet.
4. I finally hung up our gallery wall downstairs and hanging pictures instantly made the house into a home. What I love most about our gallery wall is we already had all of these items- I didn't have to buy anything!
5. A 4 a.m. Sunday alarm was worth this view of the sun coming up over Colorado Springs. DLW & I met our friends to hike the Manitou Incline early Sunday morning and I won't lie, it was hard. The Incline is a washed out railway that gains over 2,000 vertical feet in less than a mile. It's pretty much the early 1900s version of the StairMaster. We have been hearing about the incline since last October and knew we needed to conquer it before the weather gets too cold. It was a good thing it was too dark to see the top when we started because my legs and lungs were burning as soon as we started up the steps.
6. We made it to the top one step and a time! My legs were hard and heavy but I felt accomplished when I reached the top of The Incline in 51:40. The early morning view was spectacular and worth every grueling step. We hiked the three miles down the Barr Trail all before 9 a.m. My buns are sore today but I can't wait to climb it again and beat my time!
7. Sunday afternoon we met up with Kaitlyn and her husband to watch the Carolina Panthers beat the pants off the New York Giants 38-0. Sorry not sorry. We Panther's fans don't get too many games like this and DLW was loving it.
8. What the hail?! Colorado weather is bizarre and it hailed so much it looked like snow on the roof tops. Something tells me this winter isn't going to be fun...
- What's your favorite fall beverage?
- Do you enjoy hiking?
- How did your football team do this week?